This website is provided free of charge but depends on the generosity of its readers to be viable. If you can afford to, please click here to arrange a one-off or modest monthly donation via PayPal. Thanks for your solidarity so this website can keep bringing you information the Establishment would prefer you not to know about.
We run this website in conjunction with THE Word newspaper. Our aim is producing a printed left wing tabloid that tells the truth. We also produce regular internet radio broadcasts. Only by creating our own media can we fight back. Please help us
- UK inflation holds steady at 2.4% in October
Falls in the cost of food and clothing are offset by rising utility bills and petrol prices. […]
- University given Spitting Image archive
The co-founder of the satirical show, Spitting Image, says it could still work today. […]
- Brexit: DUP 'could not back draft Brexit deal'
Sir Jeffrey Donaldson says draft Brexit deal "undermines constitutional and economic integrity of the UK". […]
- Hague: 2nd EU referendum would be 'divisive and bitter'
Former Tory leader says May's draft deal is an opportunity to get Brexit "over the line". […]
- Brexit: Theresa May to face cabinet showdown over deal
Theresa May will say the withdrawal text is as good as it gets, as she seeks ministers' backing. […]
- US asks London court to hand over two alleged hackers
The men are accused of helping cause $530m of losses to banks and other businesses. […]
- Deepfake: BBC newsreader 'speaks' languages he can’t
Artificial intelligence creates a computer generated video which manipulates the newsreader’s mouth. […]
- The face-mapping technology raising fears about fake news
Why face-mapping technology designed to improve TV dubbing is raising fears about fake news. […]
- First 5G cities in UK named by EE
The UK's big cities will be the first to get the futuristic mobile technology, says mobile operator. […]
- Parents 'need to put their phones in a box', MPs told
MPs are told that parents should act as role models for children by putting their phones down. […]
- Children In Need: 'You mourn the child you would have wanted'
Two-year-old Thomas has a rare condition which left him with communication and mobility problems. […]
- School delay call for summer-born pupils in Wales
Parents say some children are not ready to start primary school when they are aged four. […]
- Help for trauma in childhood 'fragmented'
Early intervention to reduce the impact of adverse childhood experiences is "fragmented" across England, say MPs. […]
- University 'not for people like us'
The winner of a big education prize grew up thinking poor families like his could not go to university. […]
- Rachael Bland's husband on how their son has reacted to his mum's death
BBC presenter Rachael Bland's husband reveals moving words of their son, Freddie, after her death. […]